Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vices Are Often Habits

...rather than passions. (Antoine Rivarol)


This will be a quick and simple post that will address two things, a list of topics for future posts, and me challenging myself. Both of which will occur over a long period of time so this post will be updated periodically, so do not fret if you continue to see this over and over.

(Started May 26 2:14AM EDT - Last Update: June 1 9:41PM EDT)

The first being my lovely and new friend who offered up suggestion for a series of posts that I did last night (click here to see it) was gracious enough to offer up some more suggestions. Now as I finish this list off I will insert a link each suggestion with its corresponding page. Now here is her list.

I have so far done two off the list below, please feel free to click on the links below and enjoy.

-list ten noteworthy(to you) events that have transpired in the last 24 hours <<< link
-list 25 things you believe are good for the soul
-when all is said and done will you have said more then you have done
-what is the difference between living and existing <<< link
-whats the hardest thing you have ever had to tell someone
-what is worth dying for
-what brings out the best and worst in you
-what do you wish you didn't know
-what are ten facts about you that no one knows
-what are the three most powerful words in the English language..explain
-what makes you feel naked?
-whats a belief that you hold that most people disagree with



Secondly, as of this moment I am going to swear off two things for however long of a period of time as I can. The first one will be no more pop, or as some of you may call it soda. I drink a substantial amount of it and I really need to cut back, so here is to my success at that. The other thing I am going to give up may sound a little crazy to some, but that is I am going to stop masturbating for awhile. I have no real reason as to why, I just feel like I should. I do masturbate quite a bit, I am a single guy after all who has not gotten anything in quite awhile.

Days Without Pop: 7
Days Without Masturbation: 7

Wish me luck.

(June 2)
Well it has been a whole week now without either pop and without masturbating and well it has not been easy but I am nonetheless enduring the hardships that I have set out for myself. I am tempted though to use a loophole in the pop situation though. In essence I quit drinking pop because I was drinking a lot of it, but most because it was the only source of caffeine that I had. Being that I was only getting caffeine from pop I was drinking a lot of it to satisfy my body's craving for it, hence wanting to quit. There are however caffeine free pop flavours out there though, such as root beer, and 7up. I could exploit this and I may yet but for now I am not.

(September 16)
Took me awhile to get back to this but here I am with an update. I am proud to announce that I am caffeine free and even though there are moments where I want to gobble some up I have stayed strong and resisted the urges. I am however still drinking non-caffeinated pop, it is just too hard to completely resist but I am trying to drink it sparingly. Unfortunately with vice number two, the with-holding from did not last all that long but at least I was able to cut back from the number of times I did it, which is at least a positive.

No comments: