Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Best Thing About The Future

...is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)




This is not going to be so much about a list of noteworthy events but a re-telling of the past twenty-four hours.

My day started when my alarm clock went off at eight o'clock in the morning, ok well really it did not start then because lets face it I stayed in bed for another hour before finally getting my butt up and out. At which point I then proceeded to hop from my bed to my computer to check messages, emails, facebook, you know the usual things. I ended up having a brief conversation with somebody while on there but interrupted it because I was in desperate need of a shower. Like it was so hot in my room I was pretty much sweating throughout the night in need of a shower. Yeah disgusting. Regardless I had my shower which was absolutely amazing. After my shower, I sat back down on my computer and continued my conversation with my friend for awhile longer.

Eventually I said my goodbye, put on some clothes and proceeded to head out into the world, to none other than get my monthly bus pass. Except I was having a bit of an off day and I attempted to leave three times before managing to remember everything that I would actually need on my trek across the city. On my way to catch a bus I stopped off at a bank and finally deposited my income tax refund. Only took me about a month to get around to do that. Oh by the way I love girls in tank tops, very nice and being tall gives the advantage of a higher viewing angle to make me being a sick pervert all the more better.

After the bank I headed over to the transit way to catch a bus and head my way over to St. Laurent Shopping Centre. Why St. Laurent you ask? Well it is because the lines for to get bus passes/tickets is a lot shorter than lets say the Rideau Centre. Upon receiving my bus pass I hoped back on a bus and headed on towards home, before I actually went back home though I stopped off at Walmart to pick up a few things. One thing I decided to do there was get my hair cut. Maybe not the best idea, but I did it nonetheless. Now I had a little lady who for religious reasons covers her own hair out in public, and here she is routinely cutting and styling people's hair. I found this to be an odd thing. Anyway I got my hair cut and went in search mode for a white curtain that I could use to help reflect some of the light and hopefully heat from coming into my bedroom window. Unfortunately they just did not have what I was really looking for and so I was disappointed. I did go and pick up some stuff to clean up my keyboard, it is fun stuff that's all gooey and squishes in to get around all the keys and clean everything out. I also picked up some pills, some candy and some non caffeinated liquid refreshments for myself.

Can I also mention that sundresses are hot? Really? I can? Good! Because they are so unbelievably hot, well except on fat people who should never be allowed out to play. I am a cruel person.

I walked on home with my bag of goodies only to find upon my getting there was that my roommates dog left a pile of shit on one of the steps. I was tempted to just leave it there for my roommate to have to clean up but it was very hot, humid and sticky and that caused there to be a bit of a smell. So I grudgingly cleaned it up, sprayed the spot with a ton of odour remover. After telling the dog that it was bad over and over I decided it was time to pull out some steak and get it marinating for my dinner the next day. And yes I made sure to wash my hands beforehand to make sure I did not get any fecal matter on them. I went rummaging through the fridge and started dumping a slew of things into a container, adding various herbs and spices along the way and slathered my steaks with the concoction. Wrapped them up and stuck them back in the fridge for everything to soak in thoroughly.

After I got done with that I was out of the house again! Busy, busy, busy. I was starving at this point and only had one craving on my mind to satisfy me and that craving was Subway. Mmm, mmm, mmm. So I walked over to the nearest Subway and ordered myself a foot long spicy italian, on honey oat, with double swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, cucumbers, hot peppers, mustard and hot sauce. Normally I do not get it with any cucumbers but I thought I would mix it up a little, because I am totally a rebel like that. Anyway I brought my submarine sandwich back home where I quickly devoured half of it in what seemed like no time flat. I set the other half aside because I knew I would need it later at some point and mellowed out for awhile watching the latest episode of A Game of Thrones online. Great show. Then after that show, I ended up watching the latest episode of American Chopper - Senior versus Junior. I used to be a huge fan of watching them build the bikes and amazed at some of the stuff that they came up with, but with anybody who started out watching for the bikes you became engulfed by the family struggle that those two had and now that they have split, going there separate ways it is hard to not want to see them reconcile. So I watch the show, not just admiring the creative processes but hoping for them recapture apart of their father-son relationship.

Interspersed amongst all of that I had been messaging back in forth with a couple people, one an older friend who I was giving a hard time because she was cheating at her Harry Potter marathon. Skipping movies, seriously. Cheating. The other was a relatively new friend who is quite awesome, most of the time (laugh out loud). She is cool though. Before long though I had to get myself ready and venture back out unto this world of ours. I filled up my water bottle, grabbed a small towel, and a zip up hoodie, tossing them all into my backpack to take along with me. I grabbed a bunch of things off of my desk, shoving them into my wallet and off I went. Only to realize after about three quarters of the way to where I needed to catch a bus that I had forgot to grab my backpack and also some gum. Silly me. I stopped back in at Walmart, grabbed a bottle of water and some gum and was on my way to meet up with a couple people from my volleyball team at a pub. Our team captain, Y.K., had set a tentative time of meeting up at six o'clock and I am lucky I did not aim for that time. I showed up about 6:30pm and found no one else there. After some idle chit chat with the one waitress who asked me if I was at the right place, seeing as there were a total of three similar places along the street. I assured her that I was at the right one and sat down at a table to wait it out for awhile. Thankfully, it was only a few minutes later that Susannah showed looking quite nice since she just came right over from work. We talked a bit and ordered a drink before our fearless captain finally showed up. It ended up only being the three of us but that was a lot better than me just being there by myself.

We finished our drinks and headed on over to where we play volleyball and practiced a little while more team members showed up for our game and we set off to kick some ass. Though unbeknownst to use the other team had a bit of a secret weapon in the form of a very tall, pale and relatively skinny guy in a wife beater and an old school pair of short shorts. The idea was to distract us, but luckily for us there was one girl on the other team who was more distracted then any one else and well I picked on her as much as I could with the ball. We had quite the decisive victory over them the first match, switched sides and fell apart a little bit. There secret weapon was also fairly good and for a moment some of our players were having a hard time getting the ball over the net without putting it within his reach. We fought back a bit but without any luck and lost the second match. The third match swung things back into our favour. With some skill and luck we had for the first time won the match and the game overall with two sets to one. We played around a bit after since we still had time remaining and then went and had a drink together. We talked some more getting to know each other better since none of us had really done that yet as a complete team and it was quite enjoyable.

After awhile, we decided that it was time to call it a night and headed our separate ways. After walking to the O-train, hopping on that and then a bus to home it was about 11:00pm when I finally got home. I had sat down at my computer for a bit and decided I should send an email to Susannah, who asked if I wanted to play tennis with sometime during the night and just wanted to confirm that whenever she wanted to get together and play I would be up for it and or even if she wanted to work on her volleyball skills I would be happy to help. So with that done I crawled into bed and messaged with Shannon again until I rudely fell asleep on her without saying anything to her. My sleep did not last that long though. I am not sure when I fell asleep exactly but I woke up at like 4am and just could not fall back asleep. The entire time I was tossing and turning and trying to fall back asleep all I could smell was the other half of my sub that I had set aside. It drove me nuts and sure enough I gave in and ate the rest of it and boy was it ever tasty.

I then started to write this and that is roughly my past twenty-four hours.

No comments: