Sunday, May 23, 2010

Drop That Zero

...And Get With The Hero.

It is now officially time to freak the eff out! I am back again for the eighth time this month. It is insane! One more post away this month to equal all the posts that I had of all last year.

I do not know if anybody has noticed a little trend in movies coming out the past couple years and for a couple more years into the future but there is a fantastic one and it involves none other than the 80s. Not just all of the 80s but specifically 80s cartoons.

Lets recap some of the 80s cartoons that have come out as movies already: Two Transformers movies, GI Joe, an animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and two Alvin and the Chipmunks movies. They are now cataloged along the lines of the live action Ninja Turtles movies, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Masters of the Universe, The Flintstones, and lets not forget about those lovable Looney Tunes in both Space Jam and Looney: Tunes Back in Action. Then of course there have been Inspector Gadget, Garfield, and Dennis the Menace. Sure some of them were not all that great but some of them are classics. The best thing is though they are not done and hopefully the best is yet to come!

Some of the ones that are slated to be coming out in the near future include The Smurfs, Thundercats, Voltron, Greyskull (He-man) and a Yogi Bear movie! I personally cannot wait for the new He-man and Thundercats movies. I have high hopes from them. As for the others I will have to wait and see how they are like. I have a feeling that The Smurfs are either going to be a huge success or it is going to be a huge tanker, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless. All those hours wasted in front of the television watching these cartoons religiously only have so many of them be turned into movies has got my inner geek jumping up and down for joy.

So lets get the popcorn ready for some retro-active trips down memory lane.

No comments: