Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Best.

After a lifetime of not so happy memories, it is sometimes tough to pick out any of the good things that have happened let alone the best of them. If I had to actually make a choice I would have to say when I first started dating my first girlfriend Rebecca. This is the story of how we started dating.


After coming off of a dismal social life back home that I would try to get a head start doing the one social method that I was comfortable dealing with, the internet. I decided to make an account on hotornot.com. Yeah I know it is quite sad of me to say but that is the route that I took. Seeing as I would soon to be heading off for what turned out to be year one of round one at university I started to try and connect with people that would be in Ottawa so that maybe, just maybe I would not feel like such a loser when I moved there. I actually ended up talking to a few people and attempted the big meet up with a couple of them. The first one, Amanda, ended up being my first sexual experience and another one whose name is not coming to mind who chickened out literally at the last minute. I am sure by now that you can guess who one of the ones that I met off of there ended up being… yep Rebecca. She also attended the same university, unfortunately though we had not started talking until mid-December, which also happened to be exam time so we had a lack of time to actually meet up and then of course there was Christmas break. It was not until the third week in January that we ended up getting together and hanging out. I was just invited over to her dorm room to hang out with her, her roommates and a few other people that lived on her floor. Later on that night we ended up going into her room and put on a movie but of course that did not really happen and we ended up doing everything but sex multiple times that night. At one point after we had already gotten each other off I asked her if she had any condoms and her exact words were “not on the first night babe,” so harsh. My thoughts to that were well I guess I am going to have to come back another night and so I did about a week and a half later. I was invited to go skating with her and her friends on the canal, after that we watched a movie for a bit with her roommates and then went into her room to go watch a movie of our own which ended up being an all-night sex-a-thon. Ok well not all night we only did it three times and then passed out after a handful of hours. Now as I had been getting closer to Rebecca, I was also getting closer to a girl on my floor Danielle. Now, Danielle and I never actually ended up doing anything more than some cuddling in the tv lounge late at night when nobody else was awake it did pose a little bit of an uneasy tension between Danielle and I because she knew I had been spending time with Rebecca. I also had told Danielle that I had not yet slept with Rebecca, which at the time of me telling her that was true. However, after my little three times in one night which I will admit I was proud of, I made a little metaphorical comment on my MSN status to boast about it a little bit. Obviously, that was a stupid idea because not too long after that I was on my way to get some food with Big James when we ran into Danielle and Big James just had to make a comment about it and make me spill the beans. So yeah I was not happy about that because I did like both Danielle and Rebecca and was not sure which way I should go but this forced my hand and did not quite have a choice about which way to go. The entire time I was trying to decide whether to go for Danielle or Rebecca, Rebecca was kept in the dark about Danielle and later on Rebecca was kept in the dark about a little encounter I had with Allison. It had been about a month since Rebecca and I had started to sleep together, and the only time either of us had tried to bring up about whether or not that we were dating was when one of us was drunk and neither of us were sure what we wanted exactly. Now in residence we had this nice little program (DC++) set-up so that everybody in a dorm room could share music, movies, pictures, or whatever. It also had a little handy built in chat feature that I had used a few times and ended up talking to Allison, who also lived on my floor but I never really had met. So one day in late February we got together to go watch a movie in her room and yes I am sure as you all can guess we ended up having sex and in my opinion it was pretty damn good. Except for one small thing, I had no emotional connection to Allison. Not like I did with Rebecca. This was the first time that I realized just how much that I actually liked Rebecca and sure enough three days later Rebecca and I started officially dating. It was the first time in a very very long time that I was actually truly happy and for that reason is why it was the best thing that has happened to me in my life.

No comments: