Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Consider It A Good Rule For Letter-Writing

...to leave unmentioned what the recipient already knows, and instead tell him something new. (Sigmund Freud)


Three short letters, to three different people.


Letter 1

To L

I had the hugest crush on you throughout school, since about grade 7 until we graduated from high school. Pathetic I know, to go so long and I could not even look at you in the eyes because I would get flustered and become more quiet than I already was and I do not know how that was even possible. I remember one time in grade 7 we were the first ones to get done some sort of math related word search first and were asked to go set up the volleyball nets in the gym for us to use in our next period. After we got done setting them up, I grabbed a drink at the fountain in the hall and you walked back to class and all I could do was try not to drool as your hips wiggled perfectly back and forth. I was in a trance. If only I had not been that shy quiet nervous guy for all those years.



Letter 2

To C

For everything you did to people, to our parents, to our friends, to our neighbours, it is unforgivable. You were nothing more than an idiot with your so called acts of rebellion which were nothing more than pathetic pleas for attention. Seriously, who runs away five times and comes crawling back each time before finally leaving for good? You were selfish and for no reason at all, none whatsoever. Whatever respect I had for you up until the point was lost and it is not something you will ever get back.



Letter 3

To H

I am sorry I never said goodbye to you one last time before you passed on, it was selfish of myself. Death does not bother me like it does most others and even though it would have meant nothing to me to go pay you a last visit, it would have meant something to you in your final time on this earth. May your soul rest in peace for all eternity.

No comments: