Monday, October 25, 2010

I Find It So Easy To Get Distracted

I try not to do more than one thing at any one time. (Elliot Gould)


I really do not like when I am trying so valiantly to work on something but can only keep my focus on it for only a few moments at a time. What is it with my mind to get some easily distracted and side-tracked that I cannot get what I want done without some sort of urgent pressure to force me to stick with it? It is not because I am bored with it, or that I find it uninteresting in any way I just cannot seem to concentrate. Something else will come into my mind and unless I deal with that thought to some sense of resolvent. For instance, the creation of this post is due to the fact that while I was trying to prep for my midterm that I have on Friday, the thought that I would be more comfortable reviewing my textbook and making notes while laying in bed. Though for that I would need better lighting. Then I came up with the idea of moving my desk lamp over to the stand beside my bed, which would then cause me to have to move my fan so that I could plug in the light. Forcing me to have to find a new place for my to plug my fan in which would mean I would have to move it somewhere else and I do not want to do that. The only other option I have available to me is to find an extension cord so that I can keep it where it is and have it plugged into a different outlet. Doing all that would cause me to waste time from my work just so I could be more comfortable and chances are cause me to fall asleep more quickly then if I were to stay at my desk.

Instead of all that, I decided to write this blog post distracting myself from the distraction that originally distracted me from my work.

No comments: