Sunday, October 10, 2010

All Television Is Educational Television.

The question is: what is it teaching? (Nicholas Johnson)


As of late I have been spending quite a bit of my time catching up on different television shows. Starting at the beginning of their creation until either their very last episode for the ones that have been canceled or up to the latest episode for the ones that are lucky enough to still be on the air. And as always, it has got me to thinking...


Television shows tend to have different themes for each episode while at the same time sticking towards the main goal of where the show is headed in its entirety. At the moment I have been catching up on two different shows: How I Met Your Mother and Ghost Hunters.

While watching Ghost Hunters it started me thinking about my views on what I believe happens when we died, which in turn got me to re-evaluate my thoughts and beliefs on religion. So, I started writing. I had full intention of making it a very lengthy post on here but it really did not seem that this blog would be fitting enough, which is when I came up with the idea that I should just create my own website. A place for me to share my philosophical views and in time hopefully a place where others would do the same. As for now, it is currently in the planning stages and in all honesty will probably never happen. That, however, brings me to my next point.

How I Met Your Mother is a fantastic show that for me tries to teach a person that no matter what situation you are in or what happens you should always strive for what you want most out of life. For a very long time I have always been thinking about a multitude of different things from religion, the after life, the universe, the unknown. I am nothing more than a modern day philosopher that seems out of place for that sort of thinking. I would have much rather been back in ancient Greece with the likes of Sophocles, Aristotle or Plato to name a few. At the same time with the technology that is present today and the possible reach it has to span out across the globe why not put it to use? Maybe I really should go ahead with that website and see where that road leads.

No comments: