Thursday, August 18, 2011

One's Philosophy

...is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes ... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility. (Eleanor Roosevelt)


During my time on this planet, my solution for dealing with everything was to keep it bottled up inside and after twenty some years it eventually caught up to kick me in the ass. Nowadays I try to make sure that I deal with everything and not keep it inside, or at least not keep it inside for too long. All summer long I was getting slightly more and more annoyed with certain people on my volleyball team so much so that when the opportunity presented itself a week ago I took it and spoke up for my chance to let that frustration out.

Of course whenever somebody speaks their mind it usually does not end well for all those effected and this was no different. After having two people quit and one more injury themselves already during the season, I caused three more to quit and left the team with only three players (myself included). Not only did I ruin three people's desire to play the game, but I also dragged two people unfairly along with me for the ride.

A question that I have always got from people is "why don't you talk?" And this is one of the reasons why. Whenever I decide to not bite my tongue, everything just gets messed up and there is nobody to blame but myself.

No comments: