Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Strike.

The year was 1994 and during the earlier months the topic of my birthday came up and about whether or not I would be interested in getting Blue Jay tickets as my present. Obviously being a kid I was ecstatic at the idea. Overly joyful even. As the months went by and crept closer to day of the celebration of my birth, I got even more excited. I was like a kid in a candy store, minus the candy store, but plus baseball tickets. For all those that do not know much about baseball and the sad and tragic event that occurred way back in 1994... the strike. As you could imagine it put a little damper on my birthday present. I kept up hope though that the strike would end and I would get my present.

It did not happen that way though.

As spring turned into summer and summer faded into fall there was no baseball games to go to, no tickets to be bought and no present for that little birthday boy. Sad I know, but it gets even sadder. You would think that I would have got something else for my birthday that year and you would think wrong. I never got anything else that year, and I still have not got those tickets after all these years since. It was like the birthday never happened.

No comments: