Sunday, January 30, 2011

And I Would Argue

...the second greatest force in the universe is ownership. (Chris Chocola)


The other day I came across this article about who this woman over in Spain has laid a claim of ownership on none other then the good ole magnificent sun. Not only does she want to own the sun, she wanted to charge everybody for its use, whether you are sun bathing, have solar panels, or I even imagine using it to see during the day. People's greed never ceases to amaze me.

Of course, the point was raised in the article that if she was going to charge everybody to use for the sun, then she would take full responsibility for damages caused by the sun. Solar flare knock out some satellites? No problem, sue her for the damages caused. Skin cancer or even a simple sunburn? Compensation is easily in sight.

My thoughts on this though, why just stop at the sun? If you are going to go big, you might as well go as big as humanly possible! I say from this moment on that I own the entire universe! Fear not though, I am a gracious person. I will not charge you some ridiculous fee for inhabiting my fair universe. No galactic charge, no planetary fees, not even a surcharge for the ever expanding space that my universe is providing you with. All that I ask is that I be forever known as the man who owns the entire universe.

I thank you all for your co-operation.

No comments: